Last Updated on
A simple, easy, healthy, and delicious sweet potato and spinach coconut milk soup. Gluten-free & vegan.
All food is medicine–but there is something about soup that feels more blatantly medicinal to me. When I make a soup, I really intuit all ingredients based upon what is needed in the moment.
This particular soup is light & nourishing. I really just wanted a simple coconut milk soup that allowed the flavors of the star ingredients to peek through without too much spice in the mix. I enjoy this soup best when accompanied by some lightly salted brown rice on the side…
Other Vegan Soup Recipes you may enjoy:
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 2 cups spinach, fresh
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, sweet potatoes, spices. Cook a few minutes while stirring.
- Add vinegar & water and turn heat to high until boiling. Reduce to a high simmer. Cook 30 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, coconut milk, & sugar. Cook for 5 minutes more on high heat. Turn off heat, cover, and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 894Total Fat: 70gSaturated Fat: 60gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2325mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 12gSugar: 21gProtein: 15g