Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
Much quicker than oven-baked, Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash is such a simple side dish! Slash your calories in half and boost the nutrition on your plate with this 30-minute gluten-free pasta alternative.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Light, sweet, and a little nutty in flavor.
- Only 2 ingredients - all you need for this recipe is spaghetti squash and oil. That's it!
- Super easy to make - simply slice in half, brush with oil, and air fry! It couldn't be easier.
- Quick! This air fryer squash recipe takes just 30 minutes from start to finish. Much quicker that the oven!
- Great texture - The strands inside the air fryer spaghetti squash are just like noodles!
- This is a great gluten-free low-calorie substitute for pasta.
- Good for you - Spaghetti squash contains plenty of vitamins A and C, as well as cancer-fighting antioxidants.
- Naturally vegan, keto and low-carb friendly, gluten free, egg free, nut free, and soy free.
🗒️ Ingredient Notes
Spaghetti squash: I used one whole spaghetti squash for this recipe and cut it in half lengthwise. Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite low-carb vegetables. Its texture after cooking is similar to al dente pasta, but it's so much healthier!
Oil: I prefer extra virgin olive oil for this recipe. Is really good for you either raw or cooked! However, any healthy oil of your choice will work well.
🥣 How to Air Fry Spaghetti Squash
- Prepare the spaghetti squash by halving lengthwise with a sharp knife, and then scooping out the pulp and seeds with a large spoon.
- Brush or spray with a touch of oil, then place the two halves face-up in the air fryer basket. Note: If your squash is too large to fit both halves side by side, air fry them one at a time.
- Cook spaghetti squash in the air fryer at 375°F for 20 minutes or until fork tender inside and starting to turn golden.
4. Once cool enough to handle, use a fork to gently scrape out the flesh.
5. Serve seasoned with a little salt along with your favorite pasta sauce and enjoy!
🍽 What Can I Serve with Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash?
Treat this tasty side dish just like pasta! Smother it in your favorite sauce, topped with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, next to a side salad and garlic bread. Here are a few pasta sauce ideas to get you started:
🥡 How to Store & Reheat Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
Store any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Reheat it in the microwave or in a pot on the stove until piping hot.
You can freeze leftover spaghetti squash as well! Store it in an airtight zip-top bag in the freezer for up to 6 months. Be sure to squeeze out any excess moisture from the squash with a towel before freezing, and make sure there is no air in the bag for best results.
💭 Top Tips
If you have leftover spaghetti squash seeds, they're edible too! Treat them just like pumpkin seeds and roast them. You can even do this in the air fryer as well!
You can eat spaghetti squash on its own, with a little seasoning. Sprinkle the raw squash with salt and a little garlic powder before air frying it. So simple, yet these flavors taste amazing together.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! All kinds of squash taste wonderful when they're air fried. Try this spaghetti squash recipe, as well as acorn squash, pumpkin, butternut squash, yellow squash, and zucchini.
First of all, make sure your knife is sharp! Then, begin by slicing the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, on one side of the yellow soft flesh. Repeat on the other side before slicing through the bottom and the top. The two ends are a little tougher than the sides so take extra care when handling your knife.
🍝 More Amazing Air Fryer Recipes To Try
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash halved lengthwise, seeds and pulp removed
- extra virgin olive oil or any oil of choice
- Prepare the spaghetti squash by halving lengthwise, then scooping out the pulp and seeds.
- Brush or spray with a touch of oil, then place the two halves face-up in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 375°F for 20 minutes or until tender and starting to turn golden.
- Once cool enough to handle, use a fork to gently scrape out the flesh.
- Serve with a favorite sauce and enjoy!
- If you have leftover spaghetti squash seeds, they're edible too! Treat them just like pumpkin seeds and roast them. You can even do this in the air fryer as well!
- You can eat spaghetti squash with your favorite pasta sauce or on its own, with a little seasoning. Sprinkle the raw squash with salt and a little garlic powder before air frying it. So simple, yet these flavors taste amazing together.