Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
These super easy Air Fryer Potato Wedges come out perfectly crispy every time! Air fried potato wedges use only a few simple ingredients, yet pack a big punch of deliciously smoky flavor. They make a perfect quick appetizer or snack when the cravings hit! No soaking necessary!
I'm still loving my air fryer! And potatoes and air fryers were absolutely meant for one another. I know I can rely on consistent results when making these wedges in the air fryer and that makes a huge difference when time is of the essence and the kids are hungry! I hope you love these potato wedges as much as we do! Enjoy.
📋 Why You'll Love This
- These wedges are super quick and easy to throw together.
- You only need a few simple ingredients.
- No soaking or any extra steps needed.
- They are super flavorful with a nice smoky kick (but not spicy!).
- They have perfectly fluffy insides paired with crispy outsides.
- They are naturally gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free and nut-free.
- And, who doesn't love a bit of comfort food that doesn't require a lot of effort?
🔪 How-to Make
Step 1: Cut the potatoes into wedges. Toss with oil and spices.
Step 2: Air fry.
Step 3: Enjoy!
🍽 How-to Serve
💭 Top Tips and FAQ
How do I cut potatoes into wedges?
Slice each potato in half, then each half into 4 wedges (you basically slice in half 4 times over). You will get 8 wedges from each potato.
Should I peel the potatoes?
Traditionally, potato wedges are made with the peels intact. The skins get a bit crispy contributing to the crispiness of potato wedges. However, if you would rather forgo the peels, you most definitely can do so without any further adjustments to the recipe necessary.
What kind of potatoes should I use?
The beauty of this recipe is that it will work with any potatoes you have on hand. I have tested it with Russet, Yukon Gold and red, all with great results. As a personal preference, I prefer Yukon Gold, but they are all tasty!
Can I omit the oil?
Yes. If you are on a oil-free diet, simply omit the oil and instead use 2 tablespoons of water to help coat the wedges with spices.
Can I store and reheat these?
Yes. Keep leftover potato wedges stored in an airtight container or storage bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Air Fryer Potato Wedges are best served fresh, but can be reheated with favorable results. To reheat, coat or spray the wedges with a little oil, then pop into the air fryer at 400F for about 5 minutes, or until heated throughout.
♨️ More Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 2 potatoes, cut into wedges russet, red or yukon gold work well
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt or to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F (if advised for your particular model).
- In a large mixing bowl, place the potato wedges, oil, garlic powder, paprika and cumin. Toss the potatoes until all are well coated by the oil and spices.
- Air fry for 18 minutes at 400°F, shaking the basket (or flipping the wedges) halfway through. The wedges are ready when the interiors are fluffy and the exteriors are beginning to crisp. This can take anywhere from 15-20 minutes, dependent on the model of air fryer you use.
- Once air frying has completed, toss with wedges with salt, then enjoy!