Crisp, healthy and delicious Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans are super quick and easy to make. They’re a one-bowl treat that is just perfect when paired with a hint of zesty lemon. Ideal if you’re catering for gluten-free, vegan or vegetarian diets.
Not only are Frozen Green Beans in the Air Fryer completely mouthwatering, but they’re also straightforward to make! I love frozen green beans because they have all the taste and texture of fresh green beans, without the prep. Perfect for those busy days! Try them as a healthy snack or as a yummy side dish.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans are simple to make. You’re guaranteed great results every time.
- A delectable fresh taste and crunchy texture, perfect on the side of any meal.
- Great for snacking!
- Suitable for vegans, vegetarians and gluten-free diets.
- Frozen Green Beans in the Air Fryer taste like a naughty treat, but they’re good for you! Green beans are naturally low in fat, high in fiber, and high in Vitamins A and C.
- Keto and FODMAP friendly.
- Toss the frozen green beans with oil and spices.
- Air fry until golden (15 minutes).
- Top with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of parmesan (optional).
They also pair well with rice dishes.
Can I omit the oil in this recipe?
You can! If you don’t fancy the oil, just leave it out. Your Air Fryer French Green Beans will still be delicious.
Would fresh green beans work?
I like to use frozen green beans because it’s so much easier. They also taste just as delicious and have the same great crunchy texture as fresh beans.
However, if you want to use fresh beans, of course, you can! Fresh green beans won’t need as long to cook, so adjust to 10 minutes.
What can I use instead of garlic?
One of the great things about this recipe is that it’s easy to make your own by experimenting with the spice mix.
If you don’t like garlic, you could try chilli, cumin or even onion powder instead - any flavor combination will work well. So give your favorites a go, and let me know how you get on!
- I’ve found ½ tsp of salt to be the perfect amount, but feel free to add more or less according to taste.
- Mix your salt, pepper and garlic powder before coating the green beans to ensure more even coverage.
- Using frozen green beans will save you so much time, and they taste amazing.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- 10 ounces frozen green beans any variety though I like haricots verts
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or any oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- lemon wedges for serving
- vegan or vegetarian parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large mixing bowl combine the green beans, oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place into your air fryer basket and cook at 350°F for 15 minutes or until the green beans are beginning to crisp and turn golden.
- Optionally serve with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.