Disclaimer: You will find affiliate links for the products I use and love on this blog. I will earn from any purchases you make from these links, but it is at no extra cost to you. I appreciate your support!
This post is sponsored by Earth Echo. All opinions expressed are my own.
This delicious gluten-free biscotti recipe is made with almond flour, almond butter, almond extract and Earth Echo's Cacao Bliss for that big chocolate flavor. Easy, delicious and vegan to boot!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make.
- Simple, wholesome and nutritious ingredients.
- Wonderful texture perfect for dunking into a favorite beverage.
- Delicious chocolate flavor thanks to Cacao Bliss Superfood Elixir Blend.
- Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, grain-free, vegan and refined sugar-free.
Earth Echo Cacao Bliss
Earth Echo Cacao Bliss Superfood Elixir Blend is a healthy and guilt-free way to satisfy your chocolate cravings, minus any harmful ingredients. It is 100% organic and suitable for a wide range of dietary preferences. Bonus: Earth Echo is an eco-conscious company rooted in sustainable practices. Get 15% off now with coupon code: YUM!
Almond Flour: This is the base of this gluten-free biscotti recipe. It is rich, moist and lends a delightful light, almond flavor. I do not recommend replacing it with anything else, as it has its own unique texture.
Almond Butter: Use a thick, creamy almond butter for best results. If the oil has separated in the jar, be certain to give it a good stir before measuring out for this recipe.
Almond Extract: This is essential in any good almond biscotti recipe. Having said that, if you do not have any on hand, you can use vanilla extract for a still-tasty biscotti recipe.
Slivered Almonds: Almonds add extra crunch to this biscotti recipe, but if you do not have any on hand, you an omit them or replace with whole or sliced nuts or seeds of any type.
Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is used in the optional chocolate glaze for this recipe. You can forgo the glaze if you do not want to use coconut oil. Or you can simply use melted dark chocolate for the glaze drizzle, too.
Toppings: Once the biscotti is baked, you can sprinkle it with toppings for extra beauty, texture and flavor. See some wonderful topping ideas below!
You can enjoy this almond flour biscotti as is or with optional toppings of choice. Here are some of my favorites:
- Edible rose petals.
- Flaked sea salt.
- Cacao nibs.
- Dark chocolate chips.
- Orange zest or lemon zest.
- Coconut sugar or turbinado sugar.
- Flaked coconut.
- Chia seeds.
- This easy recipe simply involves combining the wet ingredients and dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mixing until a dough forms.
- You then pat the dough into a small square on parchment paper, then slice into four biscotti-shaped pieces.
- Bake in a 375F oven until firm.
- Drizzle with an optional 2-ingredient glaze, then sprinkle with optional toppings before dunking and enjoying.
Frequently Asked Questions
Traditionally speaking, biscotti is a dry Italian almond biscuit served alongside drinks that the biscuits can be dunked into.
This gluten free biscotti keeps in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 48 hours. Any longer, keep stored in an airtight container in the the fridge for up to one week.
You can buy Earth Echo Cacao Bliss online. Use code YUM for 15% off!
While I know it can be hard to wait, allowing the biscotti ample time to cool will result in the best slightly crunchy, crumbling biscotti-like texture.
More Delicious Gluten-Free Baked Goods
Chocolate Almond Flour Biscotti Recipe
Almond Flour Biscotti
- ¼ cup almond flour superfine or almond meal
- ¼ cup Earth Echo Cacao Bliss
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or other liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds or other nut or seed of choice
2-Ingredient Chocolate Glaze - optional
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil refined or unrefined
- 2 tablespoons Earth Echo Cacao Bliss
Toppings - see topping ideas in post
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, Cacao Bliss, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup and almond extract to the flour mixture. Stir until all is well incorporated and a dough forms.
- Gently fold the slivered almonds into the dough.
- Place the dough onto some parchment paper and using a rolling pin or your hands, form the dough into a small square about 4" x 4" and 1/2" thick. Using a sharp knife, slice the dough into 4 even pieces using a gentle sawing motion.
- Place the biscotti onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 17 minutes or until firm and the edges are turning golden brown.
- Remove the biscotti from the oven and allow to cool for at least ten minutes before glazing or enjoying.
- If using the optional glaze, simply mix the Cacao Bliss and coconut oil until smooth and syrup-like.
- Once the biscotti is cool, enjoy as is or drizzle with glaze and any optional toppings you would like.