This post is sponsored by Naturacentric. All opinions expressed are my own.
Super crispy baked cauliflower wings with a sticky habanero honey glaze! These delicious little bites of cauliflower are sweet, spicy and gluten-free.
Not only are these cauliflower wings perfectly spicy, they also have the added bonus of the silky sweetness of honey paired with a delightful crisp texture that gets you going back for more. Naturacentric's Habanero Infused Honey truly found its place here in this recipe. I cannot imagine one little tweak that could make this recipe any tastier--it is that good!
What's Needed to Make Habanero Cauliflower Wings?
- Cauliflower Florets: These make a hearty, filling substitute for conventional "wings".
- The Batter: A simple flour and milk combo helps create a crisp outer coating for these delights.
- Panko: Gluten-free panko breadcrumbs add an extra layer of crisp and crunch that really take the texture to a whole other level.
- That Sticky Sauce: A generous portion of Habanero Infused Honey and a touch of apple cider vinegar paired with a bit of tapioca starch creates a thick, sticky sauce perfect for coating these wings with.
- The Enhancers: Garlic and habanero are a match made in heaven, and apart from the touch of salt in this recipe, a bit of garlic powder is all you need to elevate and enhance the stars of this show.
Can You Use Frozen Cauliflower to Make Cauliflower Wings?
Yes! Just be certain to thaw completely and pat dry before using.
What to Serve with Cauliflower Wings
- A cooling condiment such as ranch dressing or sour cream.
- A big salad.
- A sprinkle of fresh herbs.
- Raw veggies such as baby carrots or cucumber slices.
How to Store
These wings keep well at room temperature for a few hours. Any longer, refrigerate for up to one week and re-crisp in a 375F oven for about 10 minutes before serving.
- For the crispiest results, be certain your cauliflower florets are as dry as possible before dredging in batter and panko.
- Be generous with the batter and breadcrumbs. Do not be afraid of making a mess or "over"-coating.
- These spicy bites taste best straight out of the oven still warm and hold up well to reheating as needed to re-crisp.
- If you're a super sauce fan, double up on the sauce recipe to ensure you're getting your spicy, sticky fix.
More Delightfully Spicy Recipes
- Spicy Cilantro Avocado Hummus
- White Cheddar Quinoa Bites with Spicy Buffalo Sauce
- Spicy Southwestern Chowder
- Spicy Chimichurri Chickpea Pasta Bowl
- Spicy Fermented Bell Pepper Salsa
- Spicy Pumpkin Seed Butter Pad Thai
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Baked Cauliflower Wings with Sticky Habanero Honey Sauce (Gluten-Free)
- ¾ cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1 ¼ cup milk dairy or dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cups cauliflower florets fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 7 tablespoons Naturacentric Habanero Infused Raw Honey
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, garlic powder, salt and milk.
- In a shallow dish, add breadcrumbs.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the batter to coat, then immediately roll in the breadcrumbs until covered. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining florets.
- Place into preheat oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the florets are baking, prepare the sauce. In a saucepan over medium heat add honey, water, vinegar, butter, garlic powder, and salt. Bring to a simmer while stirring, then immediately stir in tapioca starch. Stir until thickened, about 3 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Remove the cauliflower florets from the oven, turn the temperature to 375°F, then brush the cauliflower with the sticky honey sauce (or drizzle with a spoon to coat).
- Return the florets to the oven and bake for 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool before serving. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply