A super fresh, vibrant and flavorful grilled corn salad that can be made on a conventional grill or electric grill or on the stovetop (gas or electric ranges). With a tangy homemade cumin and orange dressing to tie it all together!
hOmeLabs recently sent me their Smokeless Indoor Grill and being that we just recently evacuated from a nearby wildfire and fire restrictions are in place, it seemed perfect timing to put this lovely appliance to use! And boy was I ever happy with this recipe. It is a light and refreshing salad perfect for warmer weather. It has a bit of savory, sweet, tangy, smoky and everything in-between!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to make and can be made a variety of methods.
- Light and refreshing, yet rich and flavorful.
- Packed with wholesome, nutrient-dense ingredients.
- Naturally dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free and soy-free.
How-to Make Grilled Corn Salad
Step 1: Cook the corn.
Step 2: Combine the salad ingredients in a bowl.
Step 3: Make the dressing.
Step 4: Toss to coat and enjoy!
How long does this corn salad keep in the fridge?
This salad tastes great chilled and only continues to develop flavor in the fridge. Keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
Grilled Corn Salad with Orange Dressing
- 10 ounces fresh or frozen corn kernels or 2 fresh ears of corn see instructions for cooking options
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 regular or persian cucumber chopped
- 1 red onion finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves torn
Corn | Electric Grill
- If using an electric grill with a grill plate that doesn't allow the kernels to fall through, simply heat the grill to 400°F and add the fresh or frozen kernels. Grill for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the kernels are tender and beginning to char. If you using an electric grill with a grill or griddle plate, heat the grill to 400°F, then add the ears of corn and cook for 10 minutes, turning the ears occasionally.
Corn | Conventional Grill
- Heat your grill to 400°F or set at medium-high heat. Place the ears of corn directly on the grill rack and cook for 10 minutes, turning the ears occasionally to ensure even cooking. The corn is done when tender and gently charred.
Corn | Stovetop
- While this isn't technically grilled, you can still have a delicious corn salad with this method! If using an electric range, heat a skillet over medium high heat, then add fresh or frozen corn kernels. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the corn is tender and beginning to char. If using a gas range, wrap ears of corn in foil and place directly the flame on your gas burner over medium, turning frequently with TONGS (do not use your hands!), for 10 minutes or until the corn is tender and charred in spots.
Making the Salad
- If you cooked ears of corn, gently slide a knife alongside the ears of corn over a large mixing bowl until you've removed all corn kernels from the cob. Otherwise, place your grilled corn in a mixing bowl along with the bell pepper, cucumber, onion and basil. Give it a little mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, oil, honey (or maple syrup), salt, cumin and pepper. Drizzle it over the salad and toss to coat. Enjoy right away or chill in the fridge before digging in!