Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
No cashews are to be found in this quick, easy, creamy and flavorful best vegan queso recipe made with only a few simple ingredients, including nutritional yeast. Naturally gluten-free and oil-free.
💛 Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Super quick and easy to make.
- A true queso taste (much better than cashew queso!).
- Ridiculously 'cheesy', savory flavor.
- Can be used as a vegan queso dip or a vegan nacho cheese sauce.
- Packed with nutrients, nutritional yeast.
- A creamy queso texture.
- The perfect blend of spices.
- Naturally vegan, dairy-free, plant based, oil free soy free, nut free and gluten free.
🔪 How to Make Vegan Queso
🥣 How to Serve
This vegan cheese sauce is great served alongside tortilla chips, on top of chips for vegan nachos, used as a spread for wraps or sandwiches, as a dip for veggies or burritos, to make vegan cheese quesadillas, to top off baked potatoes or even served over pasta. It's also great drizzled over a tortilla topped with copycat chipotle fajita veggies!
Yes! You can replace the tapioca flour with arrowroot starch or corn starch, if you prefer.
This entirely depends on what choice of salsa you use. On its own, this vegan queso is not spicy. Use a mild salsa for a mild queso or a spicy salsa for a spicy queso.
To store, keep vegan queso in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. To reheat, place the queso in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until warm throughout. It makes great leftovers!
Nutritional yeast can be purchased online in places like Amazon and is easily found in grocery stores like Whole Foods or Sprouts.
🫕 More Delicious Vegan Dips You Might Love
Easy Vegan Queso Recipe
- 1 ½ cups oat milk or any milk of choice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup salsa of choice
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat add the milk, nutritional yeast, tapioca starch, paprika, cumin, salt, mustard powder and onion powder.
- Whisk continuously until the mixture thickens to queso consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then stir in the salsa.
- Serve and enjoy!