These gluten-free vegan mini rustic pies are filled with juicy blackberries and tart kiwi for a fun twist! Easy, healthy, and delicious gluten-free kiwi galettes are at your fingertips!
We are fruity dessert lovers around here, so when I found myself with both blackberries and kiwis on hand, I just knew I had to combine them! The result? Absolutely fab, if I must say so myself …
What are Galettes?
A galette is a rustic free-form pie with its roots in France, that can be sweet or savory, and made with pie OR bread dough!
These Mini Blackberry Kiwi Pies are
- Easy to make.
- Filled with just a handful of simple wholesome ingredients.
- Slightly sweet, slightly tart.
- Perfectly crusty with a super juicy, luscious berry-kiwi filling.
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free.
What Ingredients are Needed to Make Mini Galettes?
- Pie crust dough
- Maple syrup
- Ground ginger
How-to Make Mini Gluten-Free Galettes with Kiwi and Blackberries
- Buy or prepare pie crust dough (like my gluten-free vegan pie crust dough recipe).
2. Divide dough into four portions. Set aside.
3. Prepare blackberry kiwi mini galette filling.
4. On parchment paper, roll out or press pie dough into 4 circles.
5. Place berry kiwi filling into the center of each pie round. Fold edges of each pie round towards center of filling.
6. Bake and enjoy!
Tips for Making the Best Gluten-Free Vegan Galettes
- For gluten-free vegan mini galettes pictured here, use my Gluten-Free Vegan Sorghum Flour Pie Crust Dough Recipe. Or purchase pie crust dough of choice!
- I think fresh blackberries provide the best flavor alongside fresh kiwi, but in a pinch frozen berries will work!
- Maple syrup can be replaced with coconut sugar, raw honey or a sugar-free sweetener such as Lakanto.
- The ground ginger really complements and enhances the kiwi, but it can be omitted or replace with ground cinnamon if need be.
- These galettes taste best straight out of the oven but will keep lightly covered at room temperature for up to 36 hours or in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- To re-heat, simply place in a 350 F/180 C oven until warmed throughout.
More Gluten-Free Vegan Desserts
Mini Gluten Free Kiwi Galettes with Blackberries (Vegan)
- 1 pre-prepared pie crust I use my gluten free vegan pie crust
- 12 ounces fresh blackberries approx. 2 1/2 cups
- 1 kiwi peeled & chopped (+ 1 more for optional garnishing)
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine berries, kiwi, maple syrup in ginger in a large bowl. Mix and mash a little, set aside.
- Divide pie crust dough into four equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
- Preheat oven to 400 F/ 205 C.
- On a parchment lined cutting board or counter, take one dough ball at a time and roll out into a small circle (see images above in post), about 1/4 inch thick or alternatively, use your fingers to press the dough out into circles. Repeat with remaining dough on same sheet of parchment.
- Transfer parchment paper (dough circles and all) to a cookie sheet.
- Spoon 1/4 of your prepared berry filling into the center of each dough round.
- Working quickly, fold the sides of each dough circle toward the center of each galette. This is not supposed to be very neat, this is a rustic pie - so do not fret if it gets messy. Just try your best to fold the edges up, and use the warmth of your hands to press and patch any holes.
- Place your prepared galettes into your preheated oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bottoms and edges are turnig golden.
- Let cool before serving, and optionally serve with fresk kiwi slices.