This quick and easy 9 ingredient Chimichurri Verde is my spin on the classic South American sauce! It contains a blend of parsley, cilantro, garlic, oil, vinegar and spices; and is BIG on flavor. You'll find yourself putting this delicious gluten-free & vegan sauce on everything -- this I can attest!
The BEST Chimichurri Verde Sauce that uses only 9 ingredients and takes only a few minutes to make . . .
This vibrant green cilantro chimichurri sauce is one of my absolute favorite things in the world!
While I know chimichurri is traditionally served on meat, you will have no problem whatsoever putting it on just about anything savory! It is fresh, zippy, and tangy with a touch of salty sweetness and green vibrancy that brings the dullest dishes to life, and only serves to enhance already flavorful dishes alike.
To give you some ideas, I love to put it on:
- potatoes (hash browns and mashed especially!)
- roasted veggies
- scrambled eggs
- mixed into hummus
- over some freshly made gluten-free pasta
The possibilities are endless!
More Chimichurri Recipes:
I sincerely cannot wait to hear your feedback on this delicious version of chimichurri verde sauce; and I cannot wait to hear your favorite way to enjoy it! I can only hope you love it as much as we do . . .
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
The Best Chimichurri Verde Sauce (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley stems included, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro stems included, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 6 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- In a food processor or blender combine all of the above ingredients and blend until relatively smooth, or to preferred texture. Adjust salt to taste.
- Alternatively, you can combine ingredients and mash using a mortar and pestle.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.