Beautifully crunchy and delicious gluten-free and vegan crackers with subtle hints of fennel seed and turmeric! These turmeric crackers are healthy and easy to make, too.
These beautiful crackers have such an amazingly lovely flavor! The striking balance of fennel, sea salt, pepper and turmeric flavors really complement one another, and make for a wonderfully delightful snack.
The perfect crisp crunchiness of these crackers also make them the perfect choice for dipping or holding a variety of toppings; and you would never know that they were gluten free!
We personally love them as an accompaniment to our 'apples & cheese' night (Fridays!), as they really add a depth of boldness and flavor when served alongside other hors d'oeuvres.
And, did you know that both fennel seeds and turmeric have amazing medicinal properties?! You can read more about turmeric here in a previous recipe post of mine. As for the fennel seeds, not only are they high in fiber, iron, copper, potassium and folate, they also soothe the digestive process, act as a galactagogue (increasing breast milk production) in nursing mothers, and make for one powerful diuretic! I do love it when my food can be both incredibly tasty and healing -- don't you?
Whether you are looking for a tasty chip alternative, an appetizer for your next party, or a healthy kid-friendly snack -- these delicious crackers will please you with their outstanding flavor, texture, and magical healing properties!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Perfectly crunchy.
- Packed with flavor.
- Super easy to make.
- Filled with healing turmeric and fennel seeds.
- Versatile and can be enjoyed a variety of ways.
- Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, nut-free, sugar-free.
More Gluten-Free Snack Recipes
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Turmeric Crackers with Fennel Seeds (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose gluten free flour with or without xanthan gum
- 4 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs olive oil + extra for brushing
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Stir until mixed well.
- Combine water, vinegar, & oil. Pour into dry ingredients.
- Using your hands, knead until a soft and smooth dough forms.
- Shape into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap or place in a lidded container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Remove dough from fridge and divide into 4 balls.
- Using one ball at a time, roll out dough on floured parchment paper until about 1/8-1/4" thick.
- Using a pizza cutter or very sharp knife, slice dough into desired cracker shape (I like to make long rectangular crackers).
- Using a wet fork, very carefully lift each cut cracker from the floured parchment and place onto your parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Brush crackers with olive oil & bake for 10 minutes, or until firm and edges are beginning to brown.
- Repeat with remaining balls of dough or refrigerate/freeze dough for later use.
- Let crackers cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.