Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. This blog generates income through affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
An easy, healthy and delicious 5-ingredient, high-protein, high-fiber, dairy-free, gluten-free vegan quinoa flatbread pizza crust recipe!
This quinoa pizza crust is incredible--this I promise you! With minimal ingredients, and soaked quinoa (always good to soak your grains!) for maximum nutritional power, this little flatbread is super healthy, but certainly not lacking in taste & texture.
Chewy, crispy, and with only a subtle hint of the taste of quinoa--it complements a wide variety of toppings & is sure to be a fast favorite of yours (and little ones!) in no time!
This Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Flatbread Pizza Crust is
Super simple and easy to make.
Gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, nut-free, soy-free, egg-free, yeast-free.
Neutral in flavor and can accommodate a variety of toppings.
Very healthy and requires only a few wholesome ingredients.
Sturdy, slices wells, holds together and stores well.
How to Make Quinoa Pizza Crust - Step by Step
Soak quinoa overnight.
2. Drain and rinse quinoa.
3. In a blender combine soaked quinoa, water, baking powder, salt and garlic.
4. Blend until smooth.
5. Line a baking sheet with oiled parchment paper.
6. Spread pizza batter out into shape of choice.
8. Flip and top with toppings of choice.
9. Bake and enjoy!
Tips for Making Vegan Quinoa Flatbread Pizza Crust Recipe
Soaking the quinoa overnight produces the best results, but you can soak the quinoa for a minimum of 3 hours in a pinch so long as you have a good quality high-speed blender or food processor.
If you desire, you can omit the garlic and/or add any combinations of spices you would like.
Flipping the pizza crust after 15 minutes is imperative for the best texture and thoroughly cooked results.
You can enjoy this gluten-free flatbread pizza crust both hot or cold.
Store the cooked crust in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Re-heat in a 375 F oven until the crust and toppings are warmed throughout.
You can replace standard white quinoa with red quinoa, but please note that it will require at least 8 hours of soaking time for best results.
More Vegan Quinoa Recipes You Might Enjoy
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest's "tried it" feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I'll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Quinoa Flatbread Pizza Crust (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 3/4 cup quinoa uncooked & soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- olive oil
- The night before preparing this pizza, measure out your uncooked quinoa, place in a bowl, cover with water, cover bowl & let soak overnight.
- The next day the quinoa should have absorbed most of the water. Rinse & drain the soaked quinoa & set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, drizzle olive oil on parchment, set aside.
- In a food processor, combine quinoa, water, garlic, baking powder & salt. Blend until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour batter onto your oiled parchment paper. Using your hands or a spatula, spread and shape your batter until about 1/2″ thick (I like to form mine into an oval shape).
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven. Carefully flip the crust over, and if you need to, flip onto a new sheet of oiled parchment paper.
- Top your pizza with your choice of ingredients* & return to the oven.
- Bake for 10 more minutes & then turn on the broiler for 2-4 minutes, or until crust is desired golden bubbling crispiness.