Incredibly delicious gluten-free roll out coconut sugar cookies in an easy to work with dough full of pumpkin spice flavor! Using refined sugar-free coconut sugar, buckwheat and almond flours, these make for a healthy treat, too! Enjoy these amazing cookies two ways: as a soft, thick and chewy cookie, or as a thin and crispy roll out cookie ready for use with your favorite cookie cutters. The perfect gluten-free autumn treat awaits!
These incredibly tasty pumpkin spice cookies came about one day when my 2 1/2 year old stepped up to me with his big hazel eyes and asked for “koooookies”. I just didn’t couldn’t say no . . .
…and the rest is history! The result? Ridiculously tasty, rather healthy, quite magical cookies! And, I honestly still can’t decide which version I prefer. But they certainly make for a bit of delicious autumn fun. Wouldn’t you agree?
If you choose to scoop and flatten the dough you get some seriously hearty, filling, thick and chewy pumpkin spice yumminess. But if you choose to roll it out, you will be pleasantly surprised by how easy this gluten free dough is to work with and you will enjoy the thin and crispy texture that cookie cutters can afford. My advice? Try it both ways!
These Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies are
Easy to make.
Filled with tons of pumpkin spice flavor.
Texturally versatile – thin and crispy OR thick and chewy!
Rich in fiber and protein.
Perfect for Halloween or autumn festivities.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free.
How-to Make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Combine dry ingredients.
Combine wet ingredients.
Mix wet and dry ingredients together.
Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
For thick and chewy cookies: roll dough balls in pumpkin spice seasoning and bake.
For thin and crispy cookies: roll out dough, cut out, sprinkle with pumpkin spice and bake.
More Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
More Gluten-Free Autumn Inspired Dessert Recipes
If you try this recipe please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, share this post, use Pinterest’s “tried it” feature, or take a photo, & tag me on Instagram and I’ll share it! Thank you so much! <3
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp guar gum or xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 tbs coconut oil or butter softened
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Pumpkin Spice Mix for rolling in:
- 3 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl combine oil or butter, egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients. Mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes, or until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl or plate, combine your pumpkin spice mix for rolling; set aside.
- Remove your dough from the fridge.
Thick and Chewy Cookies
- If you are making thick and chewy cookies, roll tablespoon portions dough into balls. Roll dough balls in pumpkin spice mix, place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly with palm of hand (they will not spread or change shape much while baking).
- Bake thick and chewy version for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are turning brown.
- To make thin and crispy roll out cookies, divide your dough into two portions. Using one portion at a time, place in-between two sheets or parchment paper and roll out until about 1/4-1/2″ thick.
- Using cookies cutters of choice, cut out cookies into desired shapes.
- Place cookies on prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops with pumpkin spice mixture.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are beginning to brown.
- Let cookies cool completely before serving,
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.