These 27 Immune System Boosting Recipes and Foods are perfect to load up on come the cooler seasons. Build immunity, strength and good health while enjoying great tasting food at the same time!
I use to spend a lot of time as a child perusing my mother's natural health books. Their inspiration has carried me far in life. I once thought I would become a naturopathic doctor and still aspire to get my holistic nutritionist certification. Simply put: I've read and researched a lot in regard to the immune system and it feels good to put some of this out there in the hopes it helps a few of you on your path of prevention and/or wellness. Enjoy!
What Foods Have Immunity-Boosting Powers?
- Foods rich in Vitamin C such as citrus fruits, broccoli, jackfruit and bell peppers.
- Fermented foods rich in probiotics such sauerkraut, water kefir, kombucha and yogurt.
- Mushrooms have a wide range of immune system and health-boosting benefits. From stir-frys to mushroom coffee, powders or broth, there are several good ways to consume mushrooms and derive their benefits.
- Anti-inflammatory herbs and spices such as cinnamon, turmeric, ginger and garlic.
- Zinc-rich foods such as lentils, nuts, beans, seeds, eggs and some dairy products.
- Vitamin D is commonly deficient and so important to nearly every function of the body, including immunity! I am quite fond of supplementing with this vegan spray.
- Antioxidant-rich foods such as blueberries, grapes, sweet potatoes, tea and even chocolate (yay!).
27 Immune System Boosting Recipes (Vegetarian + Gluten-Free)
An immune boosting, anti-inflammatory mushroom broth recipe packed with healing herbs, plants, spices and flowers. Easy to make, vegan, sodium-free, and nutrient-dense!
You Might Also Enjoy
If you enjoyed this post, can you do me a favor? Please share this post on social media! Your support is greatly appreciated. <3